There are many great places to go snowshoeing near Baraboo, WI! Here are a few options:
- Devil’s Lake State Park: This state park is located just a few miles north of Baraboo and offers more than 10 miles of trails for snowshoeing. The trails wind through the beautiful landscape of the Baraboo Hills and offer stunning views of Devil’s Lake.
- Mirror Lake State Park: This state park is located about 15 miles northwest of Baraboo and features more than 13 miles of trails for snowshoeing. The trails here wind through the forest and offer beautiful views of the frozen lake.
- Natural Bridge State Park: Located about 20 miles northwest of Baraboo, this state park features more than 6 miles of trails for snowshoeing. The trails here take you through the forest and over the natural rock formations for which the park is named.
- Ice Age National Scenic Trail: This long-distance trail stretches across Wisconsin and passes through the Baraboo area. There are many sections of the trail that are great for snowshoeing and offer beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- The Baraboo Hills: The Baraboo Hills are a great place for snowshoeing, with many miles of trails to explore. The hills offer a mix of rolling terrain and forests, making for a varied and interesting snowshoeing experience.
No matter where you go, be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and bring plenty of water and snacks. Have fun snowshoeing!